Our expertise includes: conflict resolution and security, terrorism and intelligence, international trade and finance, international governance and development. NPSIA from Carleton University is the only Canadian full member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs, which is committed to preparing students for the global workplace of the 21st century.
NPSIA graduates have a remarkable record of success finding employment in the international affairs field, including positions in international organizations (such as the Council of Europe, the World Bank, the World Trade Organization and the United Nations), in government departments (Global Affairs, Agriculture, National Defence, Environment, Public Safety and the Privy Council) and in the private and not-for-profit sector. Several master’s students have gone on to doctoral work in top university programs globally, while recent doctoral graduates have gone into government and academic posts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Development Policy
- Project Operations in a Developing Country Context
- Food Security and Rural Development
- Theories of Development and Underdevelopment
- Economic Development Policy and Planning
- International Aspects of Economic Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 25 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with a minimum GPA of B+; a full year standard course in introductory economics (microeconomics and macroeconomics) or equivalent.
- The MA/Juris Doctor degree also requires separate admission into the Faculty of Law at the University of Ottawa.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.