Students are encouraged to identify and explore a particular problem under the guidance of one or more knowledgeable members of the faculty.
The Geography MSc at Carleton University offers the opportunity for students to practice integrative science, by drawing upon two or more traditional disciplines such as biology, physics and chemistry in order to enhance their understanding of the natural world.
Collaborative specializations in African Studies (MA only) and Data Science (MSc thesis only) are also available.
Ottawa is rich in resources vital to the geographer, such as the National Library of Canada, the National Archives of Canada, the Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation, Statistics Canada and various other federal government departments. Numerous non-governmental organizations (NGOs) also have their head offices in Ottawa.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Geographical Inquiry
- Modeling Environmental Systems
- Quantitative Analysis for Geographical Research
- Critical Approaches to Qualitative Inquiry
- Field Study and Methodological Research
- Geographic Information Systems
- Graduate Tutorial
- A BA (Honours) or BSc (Honours) in geography or a related discipline, with at least B+ standing.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.