Students enrolled in the Joint Master of Science in Computer Science from the University of Berncan create a personalized curriculum from a list of over 60 courses and seminars offered by the universities of Bern, Neuchâtel and Fribourg (travel costs between universities are reimbursed). They also have the opportunity to specialize in a particular area of interest, or to complement their degree with Master’s level courses of a minor subject they have already studied.
Admission into the MSc program in Computer Science requires a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and is subject to approval by the admissions services of the University of Bern. Applications need to be submitted directly to the admissions office.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Distributed Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Advanced Information Processing
- Information Systems and Decision Support
- Data Science
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
You can only apply after the regular closing date for applications if you do not require a visa for entering and residing in Switzerland. If you are applying late and require a visa for Switzerland, we will transfer your application to a later semester.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 29 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree from a recognized university
- Bachelor's degree with Computer Science as an additional subject, or an equivalent degree from a recognized university provided that the master's degree can be successfully completed with an additional maximum 60 ECTS credits. The ECTS credits will be listed separately in the diploma supplement as extracurricular attainments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a Swiss university of applied sciences with a grade of at least 5.0.
- Admission to the master’s degree program in Computer Science. Admission requirements of 40– 60 ECTS credits which must be fulfilled in order to complete the master's degree program. The ECTS credits will be listed separately in the diploma supplement as extracurricular attainments.
International1740 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Regular tuition fee: CHF 750 per semester
- Non-Swiss students: CHF 200 per semester, in addition to the regular tuition fee, if they did not have their civil law residence in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein at the time of obtaining their university entrance qualification to a bachelor's degree.
Living costs for Bern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.