The Environmental Management program at the University of Kiel encompasses several fascinating fields of research such as: Nature Conservation, Soil Protection, Water Protection, Water Framework Directive, Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Environmental Monitoring and Sustainable Land-use.
Students participating in the programme will:
- acquire skills, assess and apply complex management concepts in order to solve today's and tomorrow's environmental challenges
- increase understanding of environmental sciences how to apply this understanding
- gain knowledge in natural sciences, including knowledge of methods in system analysis, modeling, geographic information systems (GIS) and data management
- learn how to conceptualize adaptive management, including economic and social aspects
- train "soft skills" by working in international and interdisciplinary teams
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Management
- Coastal Systems
- Systems Theory and Ecosystem Services
- Ecohydrology and Geoecology
- Human Development in Landscapes
- Functional Ecology
Target students are students who are interested in finding solutions for environmental problems and conflicts, especially considering the socio-economic circumstances of the working area. A background in related sciences is required. Working experience is welcome, but not necessary.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Environmental Management Ecology View 9 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete overview of the applicant’s education
- Copy of your passport, showing your name and passport photograph
- Payment slip of the fee paid for the application
- School leaving certificate for higher education which qualifies applicants to study at a university in
- their home country, including an overview of grades and subjects
- Certificate of an university entrance examination passed in a foreign country including a complete
- list of grades from a university (if available)
- University transcripts including a list of subjects and grades
- Transcript of an assessment test
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.