Sociology faculty members are all well-published scholars with national or international reputations, yet they still manage to maintain an open-door policy and establish supportive, mentoring relationships with students.
Queen's University is part of The Surveillance Studies Centre, a multi-disciplinary international research initiative which studies issues ranging from supermarket loyalty cards to police networks searching for suspects. We also collaborate with other departments in the university including – Development Studies, Gender Studies, Cultural Studies and Kinesiology & Health Studies.
- Academia – tenured or tenure-track jobs at universities across Canada
- Research – such as the RCMP, provincial governments, Statistics Canada, Japanese Foreign Service, Department of Health and Welfare, Research Scientist, Department of National Defence
- Government Services – including the Ministry of Justice, Statistics Canada, the Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration, Ministry of Health, Children’s Aid Society and the Japanese Foreign Service
- Other Professions: including law, social work and teaching
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociological Theory;
- Social Inequality
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Sociology of the Body
- The Theoretical Logic of Sociology
- Sociology of Law
- A complete application must include official, up-to-date transcripts for all current and previous study the applicant has listed in the Academic Background section of the application.
- Transcripts in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation provided by the institution issuing the transcript.
- For applicants to research programs, two current academic recommendations are required from professors under whom the applicant has recently studied.
- Two Professional letters of recommendation can be submitted in support of applications to professional graduate programs.
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for admission
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12927 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5773 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.