At Sociology from Queen's University from Queen's University faculty members are all well-published scholars with national or international reputations, yet they still manage to maintain an open-door policy and establish supportive, mentoring relationships with students.
- Academia – tenured or tenure-track jobs at universities across Canada
- Research – such as the RCMP, provincial governments, Statistics Canada, Japanese Foreign Service, Department of Health and Welfare, Research Scientist, Department of National Defence
- Government Services – including the Ministry of Justice, Statistics Canada, the Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration, Ministry of Health, Children’s Aid Society and the Japanese Foreign Service
- Other Professions: including law, social work and teaching
- Sociological Theory;
- Social Inequality
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Sociology of the Body
- The Theoretical Logic of Sociology
- Sociology of Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology School Counselling View 102 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For international students if required a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper based) or TOEFL iBT minimum score of 88.
- BA Honours undergraduate degree in Sociology or equivalent with a minimum B+ standing.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 12 months.
National5772 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5772 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.