Mining Engineering from Queen's University is internationally renowned with a wide range of teaching in all of the major specialization areas of mining engineering.
- Consulting Firms
- Mining Companies
- Mining Equipment and Technology Providers
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Financial Institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mine Design and Planning
- Drilling and Blasting
- Chemical Extraction of Metals Management of Social Risk & Community Relations
- Mineral Planning & Design of Mechanical Systems
- Mineral Processing
- Geotechnical, Environmental, Sustainability, & Mineral Economics
- Geostatistics & Geometallurgy
- Occupational Health and Safety Reliability, Maintenance, & Risk Assessment
- Mining and Sustainability
- Equipment Reliability and Maintenance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 10 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Canada
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mining, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related engineering fields. Many of our students come from industrial backgrounds. Anyone without academic prerequisites will be placed on probation and required to take additional courses before initiating a MASc program of study.
- Grade requirements: B- (70%) average.
- If English is not a native language, prospective students must meet the English language proficiency requirements in writing, speaking, reading, and listening. The School of Graduate Studies requires the following minimum scores: TOEFL (paperbased): 550, (2) TOEFL iBT: Writing (24/30); Speaking (22/30); Reading (22/30); Listening (20/30), for a total of 88/120 (applicants must have the minimum score in each test as well as the minimum overall score), or (3) IELTS: 7.0 (academic module overall band score), or (4) PTE Academics: 65.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International19492 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19492 CAD per year during 12 months.
National8093 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8093 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.