Journalism and Communication from Western University - Canada will guide you to a successful career in journalism and/or communications. We offer small classes, lots of contact with your teachers and technicians, and an opportunity to learn a wide range of media production skills in an extremely supportive environment.
In addition to being able to work as journalists, grads will be qualified for employment in a wide array of communications-related fields. And they will have the social media, content creation and media production skills they will need to thrive as media continue to evolve. Students interested in working with not-for-profit organizations, NGOs, and other activist groups will be particularly interested in the program.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Audio and Visual Storytelling Skills
- The Social Media & Digital Production Dojo
- Doing Democracy Right or Doing Right by Democracy? Ethics, Critical Theory and the Public Right to Know
- Information and Media Law
- Telling the Story Using Integrated Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 17 other Masters in Journalism in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year degree or equivalent and have an average of at least 70% in the last two years of full-time study.
- The Admissions Panel assumes the entrance essay provided by applicants is entirely their own work and is an accurate reflection of their writing ability.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- List of publications
International23058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11529 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National9028 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4514 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.