Health Information Science from Western University - Canada will provide students with a fundamental knowledge in health and health care, including public health, health policy, and clinical health care, combined with expertise in knowledge organization and management, knowledge translation, patient information seeking behaviour and information ethics and policy.
Graduates with Health Information Science from Western University - Canada will:
- draw valid conclusions based upon sound analysis of reliable data and analyse major problems of the discipline in a spirit of creativity and critical inquiry;
- engage in and lead development of critical analysis of principles and techniques of research in the area;
- understand existing and emerging sources of recorded health information in its many forms;
- understand, through examination of relevant research, the needs of particular health user groups (e.g., health policy makers, health professionals, health vendors, patients, advocates and members of the public);
- understand the theoretical underpinnings and current issues associated with the study and application of knowledge translation in health;
- understand existing and emerging technologies in health information management applications / health informatics;
- Health Informatics
- Perspectives in Knowledge Translation
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Statistics for Health & Rehab Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Health Informatics View 301 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours B.HSc., B.Sc., BA or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 78% overall average in the last two-full time years of the undergraduate degree.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International17860 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8930 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5776 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2888 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.