At Geology from Western University - Canada our students learn the process of research. Learning through independent investigation is supplemented by instruction in a variety of graduate courses that may include formal lectures and laboratories, and various projects, research papers and seminars.
Graduates with Geology from Western University - Canada will:
- develop a passing knowledge of fields peripheral to their thesis topics
- gain Earth and Planetary Systems, Earth Evolution: Surface, Life and Climate, Resource Geoscience, Tectonic Processes and Crustal Dynamics
- Stable Isotope Geochemistry in Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Advanced Petroleum Assessment
- Applied Seismology
- Physics of the Earth Natural Catastrophes: Modelling, Assessing, and Mitigating the Impact
- Planetary Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 40 other Masters in Geology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year degree in science, engineering, math, computer science, geography, or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Achieved at least a 70% average over the last two years of the Bachelor's degree. An average of 78% over the last two years of the Bachelor's degree is necessary to be eligible to receive departmental funding.
- Scans of transcripts from all post-secondary study completed.
- A CV or resume.
- Statement of Intent for graduate study.
- Contact information for three referees, who will be asked to complete confidential letters of reference online.
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- List of publications
Professional backgroundReferee information Proficiency in English ScoresApplication feeList of publications
International12656 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6328 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- Canadian Citizens And Permanent Residents - 2,120
- International Students - 6,082
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.