Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Western University - Canada introduces you to the study of the determinants and distribution of diseases and application of this knowledge to control health problems.
Graduates with Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Western University - Canada will:
- determine extent of disease in a community;
- identify patterns and trends in disease occurrence;
- identify causes of disease (etiology);
- determine the natural history and prognosis of disease;
- evaluate interventions that prevent and treat disease;
- evaluate methods of delivering health services;
- provide a foundation for public policy and regulatory decisions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Multivariable Methods in Biostatistics
- Analytic Epidemiology
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Missing Data
- Multilevel Models
- Questionnaire Design and Survey Implementation
- Sampling Methods
- Health Economics
- Methods and Issues in Program and Policy Evaluation in Health and Human Services
- Health Services Research Methods
- Causal Modelling
- Population Health
- Grant Writing and Peer Review
- Randomized Trials: Design
- Randomized Trials: Analysis
- Systematic Reviews
- Measurement in Epidemiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 2 letters of reference
- a statement of academic interest, which should be a maximum of two (2) pages (double spaced)
- an official copy of transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
- a current C.V.
- 4-year honours degree (or equivalent)
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- List of publications
International12408 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6204 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2120 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.