The Software Engineering degree offered by the University of Bergen is not available for international applicants residing abroad.
Software engineering is using ideas and techniques from computer science to solve problems and challenges we face in the world today. Software engineers tackle areas like:
- Optimal performance in cloud computing
- How to process scientific imaging data (for example from medical or geological instruments) in real time
- The ways that programming languages have evolved over time
- How to optimally engineer digital resources like multi-layer maps for best performance
- Visualisation of multidimensional data to make it easier to work with and understand
- Developing secure computing systems that are also ethical
- Advanced Software Technologies
- Modern Software Development Methods
- Programming Languages
- Master's Thesis in Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 20 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The master's programme builds on a Bachelor degree from the Department of Informatics, or a Bachelor's degree and at least 80 ECTS of Mathematics and Informatics/Computer science.
- Bachelor degree in Computing from HVL (Western Norway University of Applied Sciences)
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology from HVL
- Bachelor degree in Communication Systems from HVL
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.