Education from Queen's University gives you the flexibility to choose your research focus. We offer a diverse range of courses and connect you with a supervisor who will guide you through your research journey.
The majority of our graduate students have an opportunity to work as a paid Teaching Assistant and/or a Research Assistant, providing excellent opportunities for career development during their graduate studies.
You will also have the opportunity to complete an optional professional internship as part of your degree. The internship opportunity, which normally takes place outside the university campus, will provide you with an authentic work experience opportunity and experiential learning. The internships can be in a variety of research, teaching or professional contexts to provide you with practical learning that directly relates to your program of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Special Topics in Curriculum and Instruction
- Curriculum Theory
- Assessment of Student Growth and Achievement
- Topics in Literacy Education
- Improving the Art of Teaching
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Part-time students may begin their program in September, January or July.
- Late applications will be accepted from domestic applicants until April 15, 2021.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 154 other Masters in Education in Canada
- Professional experience, a B.Ed. degree or its equivalent, and a minimum of a B- (70-72.9%) average in a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent, or
- Two years professional or industrial experience, and a minimum of a B- average in a Bachelor's Honours degree or its equivalent, or
- B.Ed. degree, and a minimum of a mid-B (73-76.9%) average in a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 18 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 18 months.
Part time tuition:
- Domestic - 995 CAD
- International - 2,217 CAD
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.