Cultural Studies from Queen's University introduces you to a vibrant and increasingly influential area of research and teaching. Its interdisciplinary emphasis also is fast becoming a requirement for academics in most fields hoping to obtain grants and to make meaningful research contributions, yet most universities continue to be structured in such a way that prevents true interdisciplinarity.
The Cultural Studies Program at Queen's University bridges these gaps, graduating interdisciplinary-based students who will be well prepared for scholarly careers and endeavours beyond the academy.
- Cultural Studies Colloquium
- Cultural Studies Historiography
- Community-Based Research
- Cultural Studies Theory
- Critical Methodologies in Cultural Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications submitted after March 1 may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies History View 100 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
- Academic average of at least a B+ when applying for a Master's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of current courses will be requested during the online application process
- A Personal Statement (1-2 pages, double-spaced, in PDF format) describing your background (academic, artistic, activist and/or professional), and why you are interested in pursuing the Cultural Studies MA.
- An academic writing sample, preferably a short research essay (approximately 10 pages, double-spaced where possible, in PDF format).
- Application Fee
- Language Requirements
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 12 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.