The Materials Science and Engineering program at the University of Kiel states that besides having acquired a solid scientific background and practical knowledge, the students have learned how to work independently on scientific problems as well as to look critically at experimental results.
They are able to present their ideas and results orally and in written form according to international scientific standards. Through participating in interdisciplinary discussions you have learned how to give and take critique constructively. In all lab courses you have been part of international teams. The success of every experiment has been dependent on how efficiently all team members cooperate with one another.
CareersWith this ability and knowledge, alumni are competent to work as engineers in the field of materials science, e. g.
- in industrial research or development groups
- as consultants
- as team leaders in projects
- as scientists in academia
More informationVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electron Microscopy
- Micro- and Nanosystem Technology
- Nanochemistry for Nanoengineering
- Practical TEM
- Smart Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 6 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete overview of the applicant’s education
- Copy of your passport, showing your name and passport photograph
- Payment slip of the fee paid for the application
- School leaving certificate for higher education which qualifies applicants to study at a university in
- their home country, including an overview of grades and subjects
- Certificate of an university entrance examination passed in a foreign country including a complete
- list of grades from a university (if available)
- University transcripts including a list of subjects and grades
- Transcript of an assessment test
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.