The Master's specialisation in Molecular Chemistry focuses on the synthesis of molecules and the restructuring of physical properties. Working with chemical structures the possibilities are endless, the challenge is to adapt the 3D-structure to the desired properties and design an efficient synthesis method.
This programme works closely with the experts at the Institute for Molecules and Materials. Radboud also has an extensive network and connections to other research institutes at Oxford, Princeton or Berkeley University. This means you will have plenty of opportunities for great internships.
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
Gain a thorough understanding of the building blocks of molecular chemistry
- Choose electives and gain knowledge based on the topics that you are passionate about
- Get hands-on experience designing, conducting and presenting research alongside world-class researchers in your field
Approximately 40% of our graduates take up a PhD position, including at our research institutes, in particular the Institute for Molecules and Materials.
The Molecular Chemistry graduates also find work as researchers, marketeers and managers in the chemical industry, or in one of our spin-off companies. A small proportion will not work in science, but for instance as a policymaker at a governmental organisation such as NWO or STW.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Synthesis
- Molecular Materials
- Polymer Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis in (Bio) Molecular Chemistry
- Synthesis of Biomolecules
- Materials Science
- Advanced Structure Determination
- Physical Organic Chemistry of the Cell
- Metal Catalysis in Total Synthesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Molecular Sciences View 21 other Masters in Chemistry in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Science or related area
In general, you are admitted with the equivalent of a Dutch Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, or a related programme in molecular science. In case of other pre-education, students must have passed preliminary examinations containing the subject matter in the admission criteria below (or equivalent literature). Any deficiencies in this matter should be eliminated before you can take part in a specialisation.
- A proficiency in English
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.