With The Environmental Assessment program is offered by Concordia University Montréal you will explore all aspects and methodologies of the environmental assessment process as you effectively analyze technical reports and oversee complex projects. Objective assessments must identify all environmental risks associated with a proposal and offer solutions to mitigate those concerns.
You will benefit from a four-month internship where you will work under professional supervision in a field related to environmental assessment. Potential placement after graduation includes all levels of government, international agencies, non-governmental organizations and private corporations.
Now more than ever, we need specialists in federal environmental laws and policies to effectively develop impact studies before plans or programs are carried out.
- EA: Concepts, Principles and Practice
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Environmental Standards
- Getting Ready for the EA Internship
- Advanced Topics in Environmental Assessment
- Data Collection and Analysis for EA
- Geographical Information Systems for EA
- Field Course in EA
- Indigenous Peoples and Environmental Assessment
- Internship and Report in EA
- Indigenous Peoples and the Environment
- Special Topics in Geography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline in Arts or Science from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 3.30 on 4.30.
- Strong language skills in English and/or French.
International13995 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National6390 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 284 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Quebec residents: $90,84 per credit.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.