The Master’s programme in Industrial Design Engineering of Chalmers University of Technology is suitable for students who are interested in working to make people’s experiences richer and lives better through the technology they use. As the programme offers advanced level education in user-centred design, the programme requires students to be already familiar with the design process, the theoretical basics in industrial design and human factors engineering, as well as traditional technological know-how.
The field of technology, industrial design and human factors engineering also provides a variety of subjects suitable for research. The combination opens up opportunities for research on issues that are important for the user’s understanding of a product or a system, as well as needs, requirements and safety.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industrial design engineering: theory and methodology
- Ergonomics design for all
- Visual brand identity and product design
- Project management
- Cognitive ergonomics
- Advanced form design
- Computer aided industrial design (CAID)
- Digital sketching and graphical presentations
- Design for experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design View 23 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor´s degree (or the equivalent) with a Major in Industrial Design Engineering or Product Design Engineering,
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (at least 15 cr.), Mechanical engineering (at least 45 cr.), Industrial design (at least 45 cr.) (including Design and Development, Design methodology, Form theory), Human factors engineering (at least 7,5 cr.) (including Ergonomics and Human machine interaction),
- A project portfolio containing three examples of design projects focusing on technology, use/interaction and product expression,
- English Language Proficiency scores.
International13519 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13519 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 140 000 SEK/ academic year;
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.