People, place and passion make our architectural program unique, imaginative and real. Our urban-prairie setting is Canada’s central crucible of creativity and cultural complexity, offering fertile grounds for work that is as artistically ambitious as it is socially and environmentally responsible. Our faculty and students are dedicated to advancing the discipline, and everyone shares a passion for hands-on making and research. This mater degree in Architecture is offered by the University of Manitoba.
The core of our curriculum is the design studio. This is the place where thinking and doing converge in heuristic acts of making and world-making. In studio, students work through a variety of challenging questions, media and scales to explore vital tensions between technical and natural processes, cultural and artistic practices, experiential qualities and worldly phenomena. Design studio enables individuals to experiment widely, while ultimately making responsible design decisions for local situations in a dynamically interconnected world. ? ?
- Architecture students in our program are fueled by their own expanding curiosities and convictions, guided and challenged by professors engaged in diverse research, and invigorated by conversations and collaborations with professionals, industry partners, community members, and international leaders in architecture and design.
- Most graduates gain employment in the field, and pursue a path toward professional registration and careers as practicing architects.
- Other graduates continue with advanced post-professional studies and research, and/or thrive in careers in the arts, public service, the construction industry, and related design fields.
- The program produces capable graduates eager to contribute to improving the built environment and the public good.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Inquiry by Design
- Advanced Technology Topics I
- Research Topics: History and Theory 2
- Professional Practice
- Design Research Studio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 25 other Masters in Architecture in Canada
- A four or five year Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Architecture, Architectural Design, Architectural Science, Environmental Design-Architecture Option or the equivalent.
- Statement of Intent
- Portfolio - Electronic submission (format: PDF maximum size of 20 MB)
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
International11325 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11325 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5147 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5147 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.