The International Studies and Diplomacy programme at SOAS University of London aims to prepare students for a variety of roles, such as working within a Foreign Service or other government department; international civil service (such as the United Nations or European Union); international NGOs (working in fields such as development, humanitarian assistance and conflict resolution); multinational corporations and international media.
The programme also suits those engaged in or considering research roles within a policy think tank, risk analysis organisation or doctoral programme and seeking to deepen their academic and practical understanding of international affairs and contemporary diplomatic practice.
The programme has a multi-disciplinary structure and draws on the teaching and research strengths of CISD and of the SOAS departments of International Politics, Law, Economics and area studies (especially of Asia, Africa and the Middle East) as well as a wide range of languages.
Students choose a combination of modules to meet their specific professional needs and personal interests.
- Excellent inter-disciplinary understanding of key concepts, theories and debates in the study of international affairs
- Excellent knowledge of international policy debates and principle issues from perspectives of both the global North and South
- Ability to undertake critical analysis of contemporary international policy issues and challenges
- Development of module specific practical skills such as policy analysis and policy advocacy, negotiation, mediation, communication and media relations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Diplomatic Studies
- Diplomatic Practice
- International Relations: Contemporary World Politics
- Foundations of International Law
- International Economics
- International Security
- Sport and Diplomacy: More than a Game
- History and Future of the United Nations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 399 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We will consider all applications with 2:ii (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22810 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA16315 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16315 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time 2 Years:
- UK/EU: £8,158/year
- Students Overseas: £11,405/year
Part-time 3 Years:
- UK/EU: £5,438/year
- Students Overseas: £7,603/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.