The RCPSC program is a postgraduate clinical specialty certification program and residents earn the M.Sc. as an additional degree to their certification. Through the Thesis Stream, the Surgery program provides surgical residents a year free of clinical* duties to complete the required course hours.
This master degree in Surgery is available at the University of Manitoba. In addition to the admission requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies found in the Regulations Section of the Calendar, this program is only open to holders of an M.D. degree who are currently enrolled in a postgraduate residency program in the Max Rady College of Medicine at University of Manitoba. As residents incorporate this program as part of their residency training; concurrent curriculum registration is required.
- Surgery- Major Course in Surgical Problems
- Surgery- Specialty Rounds in Surgical Problems
- Advanced Surgery
- Surgical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 103 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- M.D. degree, and currently enrolled in a postgraduate residency program in the College of Medicine at the University of Manitoba
- Application Guide and Supplemental Form
- Supervisor Support Letter (via online recommendation portal)
- Letter of Recommendation from student's postgraduate Program Director
International24550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24550 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7815 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7815 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.