Why study International Development Studies at Chulalongkorn University?
The are various challenges that impact development, including poverty, environmental degradation and access to resources, dislocation of people, and political conflict, which challenge policymakers, academics, civil society, and the private sector worldwide.
Institutions of higher learning in Southeast Asia have a great responsibility to establish programs that base international development in the context of development practice itself. The MAIDS-GRID Program, situated in Thailand, is geographically central within ASEAN and Asia and leverages access to local, regional, and global organizations based in Bangkok and beyond.
We aim to:
- Build students' academic knowledge, research skills and critical thinking on international development studies
- Promote a multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approach to international development studies that links theory to praxis
- Support the development of students' careers through helping build their relationships with networks of academics, organizations and practitioners working locally, regionally and internationally
- Enable students to gain practical experience in development through internships, field visits, and projects based in the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Development Theory and Practice
- Globalization and Development in Asia and the Pacific
- Politics of Public Policy
- Research Methodology in Development Studies
- Communication, Democratization, and Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Development Project Management
- Human Rights and Gender Problems in Asia and the Pacific
- Migration as a Development Issue
- Selected Topics in Development and Economy
- Environmental Politics and Policy
- Development Practicum.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should possess, or expect shortly to obtain, an undergraduate degree, or equivalent qualification, in social sciences.
- Applicants should also have work or volunteer experience in international development.
- Mature students, NGO workers, and junior to middle level government officials, with experience in development, are encouraged to apply.
International2642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1321 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National2642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1321 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.