The Business Analytics program at Central European University (CEU) offers you the full spectrum of skills and knowledge you need to create business value from big data and other sources of quantitative information. Learn to analyze and act upon insights from data. Understand how data analytics can drive business value. Cover a unique mix of data analytics, computer science and business topics, including programming, statistics with machine learning, big data and cloud computing and data engineering. Complete your training with use case seminars, specialist courses on text mining, deep learning or agile project management and a capstone consulting project.
Analyze and Act on Insights from Data
- Use statistical analysis to find patterns and evaluate past and future business interventions
- Write code, apply predictive analysis and models of causal analysis
- Collect and parse data, and translate it into actionable insights
- Get familiar with key tools, frameworks and platforms, and learn to implement processes in production
- Manage a data-driven business and create knowledge from big data and other sources of quantitative information
- Collaborate with software development specialists, quantitative analysts, and present your analysis in a clear and effective manner
Study in Budapest and Vienna
Apply now and benefit from a diverse, multi-campus experience in the heart of Europe. Taking advantage of CEU’s international learning environment, you will have the opportunity to study in Budapest with elective courses in Vienna.
Study and Work at the Same Time
The MS in Business Analytics is designed expressly so you can study and work at the same time. Core courses and main elective courses run two days a week from 1:30 p.m. Some courses run with weekend-only classes.
Join full-time as a graduate or career changer. As a full-time student, you may land an internship at any time. Should you land a full-time job, you may request a change of status and become a part-time student.
Join part-time as a working professional. As a part-time student, you may request a second year to continue taking elective courses or to complete your capstone project.
Boost Your Career
More than 95% of CEU students landed a job within three months of graduation.
Budapest and Vienna are among Europe’s most buzzing financial services and technology hubs. Employers competing for international talent include:
- Budapest – Bank of China, BCG, Blackrock, BP, BT, Citi, EPAM, GE, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS
- Vienna – DB Schenker, Deloitte, EATON, Franklin Templeton, Google, JP Morgan, LVMH, Raiffeisen Bank, Swarovski and Unicredit.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The core courses cover coding, statistics, machine learning, data science, big data and cloud computing, and data engineering.
- Data analysis: patterns, prediction and causality
- Data science and machine learning
- Ethics of big data
- Big data and cloud computing
- Business intelligence
- Data infrastructure in production
Deepen your knowledge in analytics and engineering, or take up management and business courses.
The final capstone project puts your applied skills to work by matching you with an industry partner. Its goal is to expose you to a complete analytics workflow. Use the full spectrum of skills you have acquired, challenge yourself, and generate valuable content for the partner. Past projects include designing a data warehouse, building a predictive model of customer behavior, fraud detection, and designing and evaluating experiments through data analysis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Machine Learning View 5 other Masters in Machine Learning in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application form
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor's degree
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
- GMAT or GRE General Test or CEU Math Test
- Admission interview
- Visa requirement for part-time applicants
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 10 months.
EU/EEA15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 10 months.
Generous scholarships contributed by CEU's endowment and industry partners are available to accepted students from any country.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Applying for full-time? Apply by May 1 for named scholarship and internship programs, offered in cooperation with industry partners:
Women in Technology Scholarships
- Powered by BlackRock
- Up to 100% of tuition / possible paid internship leading to job
Morgan Stanley Internships
- Powered by Morgan Stanley
- Up to 60% of tuition / paid internship potentially leading to job
Applying for part-time? Apply with your colleagues.
- Corporate Tuition Scheme for Part-time Students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.