The MSc in Strategic Project Management at Heriot-Watt University is designed with industry in mind. Our course aims to offer practitioners in project management with an advanced level set of courses culminated by a final research-based dissertation that combines strategy with project management.
- Our unique combination should equip you with the necessary concepts, tools and techniques to enhance your project management skills based on up-to-date theory, best practice standards and methodologies.
- The strategic management component of our the degree will help you to develop an additional skill which is essential for senior managers; the ability to to formulate strategy and then implement it through a strategic project management vehicle that comprises portfolios, programmes and projects.
The programme is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC), the world’s leading specialised accrediting body for project management higher education degree programmes.
- Business Models
- Competative Strategy
- Managing Digital Transformation
- Manging Disruptive Innovation
- Operations Management
- Strategic Change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies General Engineering & Technology View 1620 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (first or second class), or its non-UK equivalent, in a relevant subject from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Work or project experience in a related role will be of further advantage.
International17304 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17304 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK / EU: £3,888
- Overseas: £8,652
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.