The ever increasing pace of developments in all areas of electrical and electronic engineering, (and in particular in the systems that are related to energy and the environment), requires engineers with a thorough understanding of operation principles and design methods for various modern electrical and electronic systems. As a graduate you'll be able to not only respond to the latest changes but also to look ahead and help in shaping future developments.
The unique features of this course are that the traditional electrical and electronic engineering subjects are supported by the more current topics of Robotics, DSP and Real Time Systems and Advanced Instrumentation, Interfacing and Design, all of which explore state-of-the-art software programmable technology which is at the forefront of modern electrical and electronic systems in industry today. This Electrical and Electronic Engineering course from London South Bank University also offers an integrated systems approach to engineering, incorporating modules in Advanced Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems and Optical and Microwave Communications. The technical content is offered alongside essential Research and Professional skills that are also trained and developed in the Project.
There is an increasing demand for skilled engineers who are able to design and maintain electrical and electronic systems that are at the forefront of current technologies. These positions cover many industries, hence graduates from this course can expect significantly enhanced job prospects in electrical, electronic as well as systems engineering.
The acquired skills in computer control and AI techniques offer additional scope for jobs in the design of decision support systems that cross traditional boundaries between engineering and other disciplines. (i.e. medical, finance).
Successful graduates will enjoy exciting career opportunities from a wide range of industries, such as electrical energy supply and control, electronics and instrumentation products and services, intelligent systems and automation to include: automotive, aerospace, electrical and electronic consumer products, telecommunications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Optical and microwave communications
- Advanced instrumentation and design
- Advanced power electronics and renewable energy systems
- Technical, research and professional skills
- Digital signal processing (DSP) & real-time systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Machine Learning View 216 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
This Engineering Masters course is aimed at graduates in the science and engineering fields who have prior experience of various technical backgrounds: i.e. electronics/electrical, telecommunication, computing, telemetric, networking, healthcare; who wish to obtain further specialised study and training in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
In order to be considered for entry to the course applicants will be required to have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division in Electrical, Electronics, Communications or Computer Engineering; or
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CEng) along with several years of relevant industrial experience (should include analytical work). The relevant industrial experience is to be assessed by the Course Director.
- Overseas applicants are required to have a minimum English language IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any of the components.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9880 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK fee: £4391.11
- International fee: £6622.22
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.