They cover the design and development of IT systems, the management of data and IT, business organisation and strategy, project leadership and e-commerce. Computer Science at Heriot-Watt is ranked 6th in Scotland by The Complete University league tables (2021).
- The Information Technology (Business) programme at Heriot-Watt University does not emphasise computer programming but instead seeks to develop graduates with well developed analytical and project management skills that help them become effective communicators / managers working between software developers and business strategists.
- In some cases, the MSc project can be carried out in collaboration with an outside industrial or academic organisation.
- Graduates from the programme would be suitable for employment with IT companies, company R&D divisions, financial services organisations, defence contractors or government IT agencies or could register for a PhD.
- Digital and Knowledge Economy
- Information Systems Methodologies
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Big Data Management
- Database and Information Systems
- e-Commerce Technology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Business Administration Software Engineering View 16 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- Entry requires a good honours degree in a numerate subject area.
- Candidates holding a little less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme.
- Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and course work are at MSc level.
International20200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7552 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7552 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK / EU: £3,776
- Overseas: £10,100
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.