The Department of History offers graduate programs in Ottoman, European and American history, leading to Master's and Ph.D. degrees. Emphasis is placed on preparing students to be able to undertake independent research in these particular fields.
The History programme
The History programme from Bilkent University involves a preparatory year designed to give students the background knowledge, skills and language proficiency which will enable them ultimately to make original research with primary source materials.
Since profound historical research can only be carried out through the use of primary source materials, it is necessary for students to acquire the relevant linguistic and paleographic skills.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Methodology in History
- Master's Thesis
- Pre-Thesis Seminar
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 24 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 24 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.