The Fashion and Textiles Design programme at Heriot-Watt University aims to develop practice-based learning, informed by an in-depth study of design. It tends to attract students from an art and design background, looking to challenge established practice and offer new insights. Through well-resourced workshops, the course also promotes new approaches and processes.
You’ll be able to study an area of fashion and textiles that interests you. You’ll also be encouraged to work on inter-disciplinary projects, reflecting the School's strategy of creative collaborations between subject areas to foster design innovation. And, you’ll be supported by staff with knowledge that covers everything from design and manufactures through to technology and creativity.
- Challenge traditional and contemporary uses of fashion and textiles, as well as creating the opportunity to promote new approaches and processes in fashion and textiles
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to meet the diverse demands of the fashion and textile industries
- Encourage, in inter-disciplinary projects, creative collaborations between subject areas to foster innovation
- Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of key issues relating to the design, management, and innovation in fashion and textiles
- Develop competent and confident professionals for the global fashion and textiles industries with an in-depth understanding of the creative process and its management in international and local contexts.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fashion and Textiles Practice and Expertise
- Design Context
- Design project
- Design Technology and Innovation
- Research Methodologies
- Raw Materials Testing and Exploration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 115 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
- You should hold a good (first or second class) Honours degree or its non-UK equivalent in a relevant subject from a recognised British or Overseas University.
- In addition, work or project experience in a related company role will be taken into consideration as part of the application process.
International14960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14960 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7168 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7168 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fees:
Scotland / Non-UK EU: £3,584
England / Northern Ireland / Wales: £3,584
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.