The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programme from University of Bristol particularly values the professional experience that participants bring to the course. It provides a learning context in which you can reflect on your professional practice, the policies and diverse contextual factors that frame it, the theoretical frameworks that inform it, and the research that exists or could be conducted to substantiate or refute intuitive judgments.
We offer academic and personal development opportunities to equip you for the intellectual, social and personal challenges you will encounter during your career. Our overarching goal is to enable our education graduates to display the following characteristics:
- equipped to demonstrate impact, excellence and distinctiveness in their chosen field
- visionary, imaginative, innovative, reflective and creative
- high ideals and values, including a strong sense of social justice
- highly employable throughout the world
- adaptable, with the potential to be a leader in work and in the community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for TESOL
- Second Language Learning
- Analysing Language for TESOL
- Pedagogy and Curriculum in TESOL
- Globalisation and the Politics of English
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Linguistics View 377 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent) in English Language, TESOL or applied linguistics, and be able to demonstrate part-time or full-time classroom teaching experience or other TESOL-industry relevant experience. Examples of the types of roles we consider relevant are:
- Language curriculum developer
- Language testers
- ELT materials designers
- Language teaching assistants
- Researchers in a field relevant to TESOL
Applicants who hold a good UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent) in a non-language related subject need to demonstrate a minimum of one year's full-time classroom teaching or other TESOL-industry relevant experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: part-time (two years)£4,850
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,700
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.