Teaching and research activities of the department concentrate on the archaeology, history and art of Anatolia, the Mediterranean, and the ancient Near East. Students will have opportunities to take part in excavations, surveys and research projects.
The Archaeology programme
The Archaeology programme from Bilkent University focuses on the archaeology and art of Anatolia from the Prehistoric to the Medieval period, within its Mediterranean and Near Eastern context.
Instruction is primarily through courses that encourage independent research, and emphasis is placed on individuality of thought as well as a thorough knowledge of the field and the application of critical methods to archaeological problems.
- Pre-Classical Art and Archaeology
- Issues in Pre-Classical Art and Archaeology
- Classical Art and Archaeology
- Issues in Classical Art and Archaeology
- Readings in Classical Archaeology
- Readings in Near Eastern Archaeology
- Applicants are normally expected to have an undergraduate major in archaeology, history of art, anthropology, or a related subject, and must demonstrate a proficiency in English.
- Students from other disciplines are also eligible for the program, providing they remedy deficiencies in their academic background by completing up to one year of preparatory courses prior to beginning the Master's program.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 24 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 24 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.