Solutions to these global challenges, such as environmental sustainability, call for systems thinking. We need to understand the context in which a product is going to operate and whether it relates to the need to reduce emissions, use less oil-based fuel or water, end-of-life disassembly, or marketing in a region which taxes based on a footprint.
By understanding the broader context in which the challenges lie, we are able to identify more sustainable solutions.
You will take courses on renewable energy and energy efficiency, waste management, life cycle management, emission control and reduction, climate change, and sustainable business and innovation.
Your Sustainability Science and Solutions programme from LUT University will focus on industrial and corporate processes and practices, enabling you to acquire knowledge and skills to introduce sustainability solutions to the corporate and government sectors.
After graduation, you will have good competencies to work in international and multidisciplinary environments.
As a graduate, you will be able to work in industry, consultancies, regulatory agencies, and governmental and non-governmental organisations, where growing interest in sustainability has created new employment opportunities.
Graduates from this programme have found employment as
- environmental specialists in consulting companies
- environmental managers in industrial enterprises
- development engineers in the paper industry
- emissions specialists in the engineering industry
- environmental engineers in the energy industry
- environmental officers for government authorities
- sustainability specialists in the construction industry
- environmental and safety specialists in industry
- researchers at research institutes
- municipal environmental managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core studies, 38 ECTS credits, include topics in life cycle assessment, system transition, an energy efficient environment, business and sustainability, and renewable energy technology.
- Advanced specialisation studies, 24 ECTS credits, include studies in air pollution control, sustainable water use, waste treatment, and circular economy for materials processing.
- Recommended minor studies, min. 20 ECTS credits, include studies in renewable energy and energy efficiency, international business and management, bio-based chemical engineering, and energy technology.
- Elective studies can be chosen from any discipline at LUT to complement your studies.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 − 19 January 2022.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Natural Resource Management View 5 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You are eligible to apply to technology programmes with one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Other degree mentioned in a programme-specific eligibility requirements completed worldwide (excluding Finland)
To possibly get admitted,
- you must fulfill the programme-specific requirements.
- gain a minimum of 50% of the given points in the interview (regarding all the programmes excluding Electrical Engineering).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.