This Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) programme from University of Northampton is designed for practitioners from health, social or voluntary services working in some capacity with children and young people with mental health problems at first or second tiers of service provision. If you are a psychology graduate or have studied similar disciplines like social and behavioural sciences, education and more, then this course is suitable for you. Relevant experience with young people is desirable, but not essential.
You can choose to graduate with either a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Postgraduate Diploma by completing designated modules or you can complete all of the recommended course modules, including dissertation, and be awarded with an MSc.
The course is intended to develop your spedfic mental health knowledge and skills in a range of backgrounds and perspectives, to enable you to work more effectively with children and young people The course will provide you with the theoretical underpinning to better understand the nature of children and young peopleÉ distress, as well as sorne broad core practical skills. MSc CAMH does not provide a direct route into a specific role within CAMHS, rather it spedalisesyour knowledge, opening up opportunities for a variety of roles within CAMHS and other related services.
- Understanding Children & Young People's Distress
- Therapeutic Skills for Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Working with Schools and Communities
- Therapeutic Interventions with Children, Young People and Families
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Dissertation & Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1244 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You will normally need to hold a first class or upper second class (2:1) honours degree in a relevant discipline from a UK institution or the CNAA or equivalent.
- If you have a lower second class (2:2) degree or practitioner qualification at diploma level and can demonstrate your ability to work at Master’s level you will also be considered. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is mandatory for entry onto this course.
International12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part Time: £1,215 per 30 Credit Module
- International Part-time Fee: £2,125 per 30 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.