Get the skills and knowledge you need to create positive, inclusive learning environments and become a confident and effective educator.
Throughout the year you'll study both educational theory and practice while gaining real classroom experience at a school in the Wellington region.
After you graduate
You'll be ready for a rewarding career as a primary school teacher. The Teaching and Learning (Primary) programme offered at the Victoria University of Wellington will allow you to apply for provisional teacher registration from the Education Council, and to apply for a teaching positions in schools throughout New Zealand.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Challenges and opportunities in teaching
- Creating and sustaining an effective learning environment
- Matauranga Maori in the classroom
- Sustaining Evidence-based Practice
- Teaching English and Mathematics in the Primary Context
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching View 13 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
- Bachelor's degree in relevant learning subject with a B average. Limited entry.
- You may also be required to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
International28078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28078 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National8157 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8157 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Estimated international fees : NZ$43,750 for the full programme
Estimated domestic fees : NZ$12,710 for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.