Human geography is a dynamic discipline with profound influence on current debates in the social sciences and humanities. Human geographers focus on the relationships between space and society, particularly the interconnection between environment, place and identity; knowledge; globalisation processes; social justice; and a variety of other vital themes relevant to the contemporary world.
Options allow for the development of specialisms in historical–cultural themes, postcolonial and decolonial geographies, spatial modelling, and debates surrounding environmental conflict and science and technology.
This programme equips you for a career in high-level public research, business or the creative industries, and provides an outstanding academic training for prospective PhD students and for those seeking a master's-level qualification.
Graduates from this programme have progressed to a variety of future careers, including journalism and writing, urban and town planning, housing justice, food poverty initiatives, creating start-up businesses, the third sector and research. Around 40 per cent of our graduates go on to pursue further research training, for example through a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation and Research Design
- Theorizing Society and Space
- Qualitative Research Methods in Human Geography
- Researching Society and Space: Hermeneutics, Genealogy and Critical Theory
- Environmental Policy and Politics
- Experimental Geographical Methods: Practicing Posthumanism in Social Research
- Conflicted Environments: Studying environmental social movements from the grassrootss
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeography Sociology Astronomy & Space Sciences View 34 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject.
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part time fees: EU/EEA: 4,350 GBP per year
- FT fees: Channel Islands/Isle of Man: 8,700 GBP per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.