Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in financial and business education – an Economics degree from NTU gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
What you’ll gain from this Economics degree from Nottingham Trent University?
- apply advanced economic concepts and techniques to analyse problems in scare resource allocation.
- synthesise and critique a range of economic ideas and methods relating to issues and problems in the allocation of scarce resources.
- be able to apply advanced economic concepts and techniques to evaluate international trade and investment flows.
- learn how to synthesise and critique a range of methods employed in evaluating prospective investments in goods and services.
- evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to the practice of economics.
- make recommendations for organisational practice based on theoretical insights through a process of experiential or applied learning.
- develop a critical understanding of the role of the economics discipline in the global context.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
- economic researchers
- investor relations manager
- Banking Supervisor
- financial analyst
- Behavioural Applications in Economics and Finance
- Using Quantitative Data in Economic Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Economics
- International Trade and Investment
- Economic Evaluation Techniques
- Economic Analysis of Global Issues
- Consultancy Experience Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 573 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in one of the following fields: economics, business, management, finance or another social science-related subject (containing quantitative methods at level 1 as a minimum), or a quantitatively-based subject such as science, engineering or maths.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £12,385 (£11,000 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
- International: £19,385 (£18,000 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.