Students who have completed the Computational Neuroscience programme from Humboldt University Berlin will have the ability to communicate across these diverse disciplines which will help them to make their own contribution to the fast growing field of neuroscience.
Neuroscience is one of the most intensively developing and important sciences of the 21st century. Understanding the functioning of the brain requires the collaborative efforts of neurobiologists, neuropsychologists, cognitive scientists, medical researchers, computer scientists, mathematicians, physicists and engineers
The International Master Program in Computational Neuroscience is accredited by the ASIIN agency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Models of Neural Systems
- Models of Higher Brain Functions
- Acquisition and Analysis of Neural Data
- Machine Intelligence
- Programming Course and Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Computer Sciences View 87 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Bachelor or equivalent certificate ("erster Berufsqualifizierender Abschluss", e.g. German Diplom but not Vor-Diplom), typically in the natural sciences, in an engineering discipline, or in mathematics,
- proficiency in English
- sufficient mathematical knowledge (i.e. at least 24 credit points according to the ECTS) particularly in linear algebra (at least 6 credit points), analysis [including dynamical systems] (at least 6 credit poins), probability theory and statistics (at least 6 credit points).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.