The goal we have set for the Business Administration programme from Humboldt University Berlin is to help our students to acquire and develop this knowledge and these skills to the best of our ability.
We are firmly convinced that the following abilities are essential:
- Generalist approach: As a prospective master’s student, you are faced with the decision of whether to specialise further in a single area or establish a broad foundation. The requirements of the profession are constantly developing. We therefore consider it unwise to specialise too narrowly within a constantly changing environment. Like many internationally renowned universities, we therefore offer a general Master’s in Business Administration degree.
- Specialist knowledge: Nevertheless, detailed expertise is indispensable. Accordingly, you can specialise in two in-depth subjects of your choice as part of the course. The in-depth subjects you select will be stated on your degree certificate, giving you the opportunity to clearly indicate your specialisation to the job market.
- Research skills: In recent years, Business Administration has developed into a discipline shaped by analytical and empirical activities. As someone who will shape the future of the economy and research, this is why quantitative methodological skills are vital for you. Only those able to understand and evaluate scientific findings will be able to put them to profitable use. For this reason, as well as matching the Humboldtian ideal, the research orientation of our teaching is also an essential tool for your future success in a sometimes radically changing environment.
- Global orientation: Humboldt is an international ideal, the economy is an international business and Berlin is an international metropolis. For several years, the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration has offered an globally-oriented economics master’s course in the form of the ‘Master of Economics and Management Science’. We are one of the first German universities to do so. Our new Master’s of Business Administration degree also benefits from this experience. The majority of the teaching sessions are held in English. We have a large number of international students. Humboldt-Universität maintains contacts with partner universities worldwide, and also encourages and expects international student exchange programmes.
- Social skills: Professional skills only lead to success when combined with social skills. Social behaviour cannot be learned from books, but is instead practised in day-to-day contact. Accordingly at Humboldt-Universität, we focus on knowledge transfer in seminars and smaller groups. We expect students to view each other as like-minded people within the group and work together towards success in their studies.
- Initiative: Freedom in research and teaching also means freedom for students when it comes to choosing their fields of study. In this spirit, our master’s course offers students extensive flexibility. However, this freedom does require personal initiative. This is what we expect and encourage in all issues of academic life, and look forward to working together with you.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Economics
- Information Systems
In addition to the formal admission criteria, we expect you to have an interest in business administration issues, enjoy scientific work and display good quantitative and analytical capabilities, sufficient IT skills, very good English skills, self-organisation ability and commitment. Practical professional experience is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 83 other Masters in Business Administration in Germany
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin. Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.