In the Master of Business Administration and Engineering from HTW Berlin students from different cultures and subject areas work together on a wide variety of topics. This automatically helps you to develop your intercultural and interdisciplinary team skills, providing you with an important advantage on the labour market later on.
Feedback is an important building block for learning in the MBA&E. You’ll receive direct feedback in your modules. Furthermore, you can contact the teaching staff by e-mail at any time. A program manager and a research associate are on hand to help you with organizational, academic and career questions.
In almost every module you’ll practice giving rhetorically sound presentations of relevant, well-selected content. This is the best possible preparation for your career and will teach you how to persuasively present your work or products.
In the MBA&E you’ll learn together with approximately 20 other students. The small group size enables the teaching staff to structure their modules in an interactive way and be available for all students.
The MBA&E degree will enable you to work in a variety of different industries and areas. Your skills will be in demand on the labour market because in addition to a knowledge of business administration, you will also have specialist expertise in engineering and technical management. In addition, the specialisation options will give you specific advantages in the following areas:
- Automotive Management: Technical and management positions at automotive OEMs, supplies and service providers.
- Interdisciplinary Management: Positions in areas where coordination of work by professionals of various disciplines is required, such as large projects.
- Lean Management: Positions in process optimisation in different areas of production and services.
- Global Procurement: Positions in procurement for different industries from international markets and suppliers.
- Global Leadership in Engineering: As this specialisation requires prior leadership and/or international experiences, the graduates are expected to enter internationally oriented engineering leadership positions.
Many MBA&E students have backgrounds in various areas of engineering. As a global exporter of of technology goods, Germany has a strong demand for engineers of different kinds. Currently, there is a deficit of over 60,000 technical experts on the job market. With their engineering backgrounds and business skills, MBA&E graduates have excellent career chances on the industrial job market.
By acquiring an MBA&E degree you will become a member of an international network of young professionals. The members of this growing alumni network are employed by international companies and entrepreneurs or hold positions in science and politics.
This Master of Business Administration and Engineering (MBA&E) is accredited by AQAS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
At the beginning of your studies you choose your specialisation. The programme content is based on your chosen specialisation. In the third semester you have the option to complete an internship, in which case your Master’s thesis will be postponed until the fourth semester. Specialisations include:
- Interdisciplinary Management
- Automotive Management
- Lean Management
- Global Procurement
- Global Leadership in Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) General Engineering & Technology View 84 other Masters in Business Administration in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor or equivalent international degree with at least 180 ECTS, one year of professional experience after the Bachelor.
Other application documents:
- A profile photo
- A copy of your degree certificate together with a grade transcript and, if necessary, a translation in either English or German if the original is issued in another language
- Proof of your English proficiency
- A letter of reference or another proof for each period of work experience listed
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages): How would the MBA&E take you forward with your career plans?
- Your CV in your preferred format
- A scan of your passport biography page (or identity card for EU applicants)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA8333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.