Intensive courses in German for foreigners are offered in the lecture-free weeks before the course commences and in parallel to the studies of physics by the Language Center of University of Siegen. Similar courses in English for Germans are also offered by the Language Center of University of Siegen.
In the first year, the Physics studies offered by the University of Siegen comprise required classes in the areas of experimental physics and theoretical physics, as well as required modules that may come from other areas, preferably from the natural-sciences/technical department.
The first term comprises an internship on modern research subjects.
The second year is a dedicated research phase that takes place in a research group at the department. The research phase is completed with a six months' master's thesis.
The research focuses are in the areas of astro particles & particle physics, solids physics, X-ray physics, nano optics and quantum optics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experimental High Energy Physics and Astro-Particle Physics
- Quantum Optics
- Solid State Physics and Research with Synchrotron Radiation
- X-Ray Physics
- Theoretical Particle Physics
- Theoretical Quantum Optics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Qualified bachelor's degree from a university or a university of applied sciences
- A qualified degree equivalent to the Bachelor's degree
- A Bachelor's degree in the subject of physics is deemed qualified if acquired at a university in the scope of application of the German Civil Code and completed at least with the grade satisfactory, or if equivalent to such a degree. Equivalence is determined by the examination board for the master's degree program physics.
- Foreign students also either need to document that they have passed the German language exam for university access for foreign student applications
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
International Students are currently not charged tuiton. A semester fee of approx. EUR 260 has to be paid before in-person registration.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.