Modern economics requires people who are skilled in analyzing and interpreting economic data as a basis for efficient decision-making in business and finance, in international governmental organizations, and in international institutions. The Schumpeter School of Business and Economics offers a research-oriented 2-year Master's program in Applied Economics and International Economic Policyto prepare students to master these challenges. The entire program is taught in English. No German language skills are required at the beginning of the program; however, you are expected to acquire basic German language skills during your studies.
Our Applied Economics and International Economic Policy program will teach and develop the skills required for constructing and estimating economic models using state-of-the-art econometric and quantitative methods.
The Applied Economics and International Economic Policy program at University of Wuppertal offers a unique opportunity for students to master theory and application at the intersection of business and economics, ranging from international macroeconomic policy issues, health economics, and international business cycle analysis, to the economics of innovation, tax policy, and corporate governance. Students will also have the opportunity to share ideas with industry leaders, further preparing them for success in the job market upon graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Corporate Governance
- International Macroeconomics and Globalization
- Advanced Microeconomics and Public Finance
- Applied Econometrics
- Strategic Service Management
- Economic Integration and the World Economy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an economics-related bachelor degree or a “Diplom” with the minimum average ECTS grade “C”
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 100 credit points (ECTS) in courses related to business and economics during their bachelor studies or their “Diplom” (in particular in business administration, economics, business informatics, mathematical economics, methods of economics)
- Enrolment is dependent upon the proof of the necessary German and English language skills
- Candidates, who successfully completed a bachelor program or a Diplom in which English was the language of instruction, are not required to submit a separate proof of sufficient English language skills
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- must pay a semester fee currently amounting to €305,88
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.