Our cognitive skills allow us to interact with objects and people in our environment and to react flexibly to external influences and to acquire knowledge. We achieve this through the use of different senses, the use of experience from similar contexts, and the ability to learn, draw conclusions and plan actions. We refer to technical systems that implement or imitate human cognitive abilities as cognitive systems. To achieve such functionality, systems with the ability to
- Perception and cognition,
- Learning and memory,
- Planning, decision making and reasoning, as well
What is this course about?
In the English-language Master of Science Cognitive Systems course at the University of Ulm, the theoretical and empirical foundations of cognitive skills are presented and models are developed from them. These allow neurobiological mechanisms, theoretically sound concepts and cognitive behavior to be linked and examined in psycho-physical studies and psychological tests.
These results form the basis for diverse applications, for example for the development of new generations of assistance and companion systems, from intelligent robots or vehicles, intelligent devices and games to intelligent cities, with the aim of supporting and improving human performance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Human-Machine Interaction
- Fundamental Approaches to Cognitive Science
- Foundations and Concepts of Cognitive Systems Modeling
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Recent Developments in Cognitive Systems Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 10 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Germany
- Fully completed and signed application form (the one already required for the pre-application).
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement of objectives
- Two letters of reference
- Photocopies of all official certificates and transcripts
- Photocopies of English or German translations of all official certificates and transcripts
- Passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.