The Sustainability, Society and the Environment program at the University of Kiel targets students with a track record of commitment to sustainable development. If you have leadership capabilities and are committed to contributing to sustainable development and social innovation you should apply to become part of this programme.
The programme is strongly focused on problem solving based learning. Students plan and implement their own research and/or sustainable development and change projects. Besides the projects you can chose from a broad range of modules in the areas of society, ethics, environmental and resource economics, applied ecology, environment and coastal systems. The master provides you a high degree of freedom to design your individual learning programme. You should bring strong motivation to work independently and in small student teams.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Development and Governance
- Political Ecology
- Economic Geography and Sustainability
- Poverty, Equity and Development
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Changemakers and Social Entrepreneurs
- Sustainability Communication and Marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 29 other Masters in Sociology in Germany
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fee
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
There is no tuition fee for studying at CAU Kiel! This applies to international students as well.
Living costs for Kiel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.