The Master Programme in Humanitarian Action and Conflicts from Uppsala University seeks to give you the skills and competences necessary to work within different areas of humanitarian action. The programme focuses on taking an independent, critical and constructively active approach to humanitarian work, especially in conflict situations. It also aims to provide you with knowledge and methods relevant to conflict situations and peace-building activities.
A Master's degree from this programme could lead to a variety of positions such as project leader, conflict analyst or country manager, in both governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humanitarian Action
- Anthropology in Humanitarian Action
- Legal Dimensions of Humanitarian Action
- World Politics and Humanitarian Action
- Public Health in Humanitarian Action
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Public Policy View 18 other Masters in International Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose.
International9931 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9931 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 100000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.