The AgriGenomics program at the University of Kiel states that the shift from single gene to whole genome analysis and the complete sequencing of higher eukaryotic genomes and transcriptomes offer the possibility to understand how all genes work together. These recent advancements have great impact on agricultural research.
Analyzing whole genomes will give further insights into evolutionary processes and how modern crops and livestock arose from their ancestors. Furthermore, we can genotypically select individuals based on whole genome sequences or whole genome SNP arrays.
There is an increasing demand for specialists who understand both, the fundamentals of agricultural production and the application of genomics for breeding and production of crops and livestock.
The Master's Program AgriGenomics in Kiel teaches the most current knowledge in the application of genomic techniques for improving crops and livestock. As the program is not limited to either animal or plant sciences, it offers multidisciplinary qualification in the field of agricultural genomics to prepare the students for a broad spectrum of job positions.
Students specialized in AgriGenomics will be qualified to take a leading position in life science and breeding companies to apply genome techniques for breeding and improvement of crop and animal production. Moreover, with an MSc in AgriGenomics students will be highly qualified to begin a doctoral course to start a career in science or research and development.
- Molecular Biology
- Organization and Analysis of Eukaryotic Genomes
- Biochemistry and Proteomics
- Crop and Animal Breeding
- Computational and Comparative Genomics
- Applied Genome and Proteome Research
- Applications of Genomics in Agriculture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Agriculture Botany View 16 other Masters in Agriculture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fe
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
No tuition fee; instead a social fee must be paid each semester for student services, which currently amounts to €267.
Living costs for Kiel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.