It is designed to provide more in-depth skills in specialized subjects building on the contents of a B.Sc. in Natural Language Processing or a related field.
- The program is characterized by an emphasis on team work, laboratory work and research skills.
- The M.Sc. Computational Linguistics from University of Stuttgart is ideal for students with a background in Computer Science and Linguistics who want to study in an interdisciplinary, innovative environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students can focus on one of the following areas by choosing specific elective courses:
- Core Computational Linguistics
- Applied Natural Language Processing
- Speech Processing
- Computer Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Computer Sciences Linguistics View 49 other Masters in Language Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission requirements: bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in "Maschinelle Sprachverarbeitung" (Natural Language Processing), Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, General Linguistics or in a closely-related subject. You can also apply with your current transcript of records if you haven't finished your degree yet.
- Students who are missing certain qualifications may be granted admission on the condition that they acquire these qualifications before or during the course of their studies, for example by passing additional modules ("Auflagen" in German).
- Students with a stronger background in computer science are examined on linguistics and computational linguistics topics. It is strongly recommended to take this oral exam as soon as possible after arrival (at the beginning of / during the first semester), especially for students who start in the summer semester. Students will get additional information via e-mail after their admission.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.