Students of Speech and Language Pathology at University of Canterbury generally have a background in science, linguistics, engineering, psychology, education, or health sciences and this programme provides an opportunity to enter the speech-language profession.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Clinical Linguistics and Language Acquisition
- Fluency Disorders
- Audiologic Assessment and Management
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Students wishing to enrol in the MSLP must have completed any bachelor's or master's degree (other than a degree specialising in speech and language therapy/pathology), with a minimum of a B Grade Point Average.
- In addition you must have passed one course in both Biology/Anatomy and Physiology, and Statistics.
- Where one or two prerequisites have not been met in prior study, students may take these courses in their first year of the MSLP.
- Students for whom English is not their first language must provide proof of IELTS (Academic) scores of an average of at least 7.0, with no score lower than 6.5.
International52557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52557 USD per year during 24 months.
National12768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12768 USD per year during 24 months.
- National Students - 17,735 NZD
- International Students - 73,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.