The Biochemistry program at the University of Alberta seek to develop scientists who will serve the wider scientific community in terms of their productivity and integrity.
Students will reach these goals through:
- Formalized course work
- Participation in both general and specialized seminar courses
- Instructional responsibilities in the undergraduate student laboratory
- Participation in ethics and scientific integrity workshops
- Completion of an independent research program
- Production and defense of a thesis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Signal Transduction
- Protein Chemistry, Structure, and Function
- Biochemistry of Eukaryotic Gene Expression
- Structure and Function of Biological Membranes
- The Molecular Biology of Mammalian Viruses
- Biochemistry of Lipids and Lipoproteins
- Methods in Molecular Biophysics
- Macromolecular Structure Analysis
- Selected Topics in Protein Structure, Function, and Regulation
- Ensure you meet the minimum requirements
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited academic institution (a degree in Biochemistry or a closely related discipline is preferred, but outstanding applicants from more distantly related disciplines are encouraged to apply).
- A Grade Point Average of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (determined from the most recent two years of full-time course work). If you were awarded a degree by an institution that does not use a 4.0 scale, please check the minimum grade requirements for other countries.
International9465 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9465 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5645 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5645 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.