This should be accomplished through in-depth studies of literary sources (texts) and historical objects.
The programme is directed at overseas and Norwegian students who are interested in taking an interdisciplinary approach to the Viking and Middle Ages, in an international environment. Since source criticism is an important part of the program, we focus on how to interpret sources, and how to deal with different sources that complement and contradict each other:
The candidate has advanced knowledge within Viking and/or medieval studies with emphasis on one or more of the following disciplines:
- art history
- history of religion
- cultural history
More informationVisit official programme website
- Old Norse - language and texts
- Current Research in Medieval Studies
- Medieval Manuscript Culture
- Vikings and Kings in the British Isles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 4 other Masters in History in Norway
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.