Business Information Systems at University of Canterbury are a major part of many organisations and impact business operations on a day-to-day basis through mobile phones, EFTPOS, news, and the internet. As a result there has been an increasing demand for 'tech-savvy' people to create and run these systems.
University of Canterbury's Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS) aims to address high-level skills shortages in the rapidly growing ICT industry, and to meet the growing demand for work-ready graduates in New Zealand and abroad. The MBIS equips graduates, including those from a non-Information Systems or Commerce background, with specialist knowledge and skills applicable to managing the use of technology and technology-driven innovations in business.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The MBIS qualification sits within the Executive Development Programmes and is part of a suite of Information Systems programmes offered by the Department of Accounting and Information Systems.
- UC ranks in the top 200 universities in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2016).
- Students benefit from the University's location on the 'Silicon Plains' of New Zealand, where there are dozens of large, hi-tech companies employing UC graduates.
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended to apply as early as possible in advance of your intended start date, to allow for visa and other arrangements.
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems View 4 other Masters in Business Information Systems in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally the minimum requirement is a three-year bachelor’s degree from a New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent.
- If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to make sure they are of an equivalent standard.
International17666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17666 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
National9389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9389 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
- National students - 14,616 NZD
- International Students - 27,500 NZD
This new qualification is part of a suite of Information Systems programmes offered by UC's Department of Accounting and Information Systems. UC is ranked in the top 200 universities in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2015). Furthermore, UC's Information Systems/ICT students benefit from its location on the 'Silicon Plains' of New Zealand, where there are dozens of large, hi-tech companies employing UC graduates.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.