Highlights of the Drama program at the University of Alberta:
- A unique performance studies approach which relates performance to the broader field of cultural studies and encourages students to complement their research with an understanding of the complex dynamics of the creative process.
- Opportunities for practical involvement
- Opportunities to study a variety of periods, genres, philosophies and styles examined from comparative, historical, Brechtian, feminist, intercultural, post-colonial and critical perspectives including gender studies, audience reception, semiotics, phenomenology, and discourse analysis
- Opportunity to do a Thesis degree - 2 streams available: Thesis program - 2 year residency or Course-based program - either 3 full-time semesters or part-time up to 4 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Theatre History
- Dramatic Theory and Criticism
- Performance Studies
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 24 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.