The basic areas of Printmaking program at the University of Alberta include relief, intaglio/etching, silkscreen, lithography and digital media. These printing processes provide artists with the opportunity to explore a wide array of graphic languages, work indirectly on images through a variety of materials including wood and metal, layer imagery, and combine drawing with photographic and digital imagery.
Creatively Printmaking is an extremely fluid and dynamic medium that enables artists to work across a wide range of sensibilities and technical processes that encompass drawing, design, illustration, photography, digital media, book arts, as well as to explore ideas in inter-media, sculpture and installation. As a department we respect the traditions and foundation of Printmaking whilst fostering a desire to see it grow and evolve.
Careers available in this area include:
- Practicing Artist
- Cultural Sector—Art Gallery, Museum, Artist-run Centre, etc.
- Designer (for students in the BDes Printmaking route)
- Art Teacher (with after-degree in education)
- Visual Art Professor/Instructor in Post-Secondary Institution
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Digital Media
- Installation (through print)
- Sculpture (through print)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion Design View 3 other Masters in Fashion Design in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.